27 Big Updates & A Peek at the Future: Moz Pro’s 2016 Retrospective
3. Check page-one rankings in Keyword Explorer research lists
See if you already rank on page one for they keywords in your lists. This is a hugely valuable data point for prioritizing which keywords to target.
4. Add keywords from your list to a campaign for rank tracking
This was at the top of the list of feature requests at launch. Now you can take the keywords in your carefully cultivated list and add them directly to a campaign for ongoing rank tracking.
5. View improved and expanded keyword volume data
Posted by adamf
Another year has slipped by, and while we had our ups and downs, returning to our SEO roots has given us greater focus and renewed purpose. We’ve redoubled our efforts with the goal of building the best SEO product in the industry. We know it’s a lofty goal with so many great competitors out there, but this is the target that served as our north star in 2016 and continues to get us out of bed each morning.
Our increased focus on SEO translated to a big increase in the number of new features and improvements we were able to add to Moz Pro in 2016. In fact, we shipped more significant updates in 2016 than 2014 and 2015 combined, and we already have a lot in the works for 2017.
We also collected and surfaced a huge amount of data in 2016. A few notable examples:
- Customers created 141,000 new campaigns for their websites
- 4.6 million tracked keywords were added to campaigns
- 1.8 million keyword queries were run in Keyword Explorer
- 25 million URLs were researched in Open Site Explorer
Such ever-increasing demand keeps us on our toes and we continue to invest in scaling our infrastructure to keep the data flowing smoothly.
Without further ado, here’s a rundown of some of the noteworthy updates you may have missed in 2016 and a sneak peek at some exciting updates coming in 2017.
Keyword Explorer: Redefining keyword research
Okay, I’m sure you’ve heard us mention Keyword Explorer once or twice. More than twice? Alright, we do like to talk about it. Building Keyword Explorer was a huge effort and our biggest release of the year. Keyword Explorer was a passion project for Moz’s co-founder, Rand, and it shows in the quality of the data and thoughtful workflow. If you do keyword research for SEO or content creation, check out this tool.
1. We launched Keyword Explorer with a rich set of capabilities
Keyword Explorer launched during the first half of the year, and offered some cool benefits right out of the gate:
- Keyword Explorer takes you all the way through the keyword research process. Save time and simplify your keyword research process, from discovering keyword ideas to getting metrics to building a list. Once you’ve built a list, filter and prioritize which keywords to target based on the numbers that matter.
- Keyword Explorer features metrics essential to the SEO process: two you’re familiar with — Volume and Difficulty — and three that are less familiar: Opportunity, Importance, and Potential. Use these comprehensive metrics to prioritize more effectively and focus your time on the best opportunities.
- We built a keyword volume score that goes beyond what AdWords reports with ~95% accuracy. Accurate, trustworthy keyword volume data is getting harder to obtain, but we’re here for you.
- Keyword Explorer gathers keyword suggestions from a broad variety of sources, so you can gather a greater variety of keyword ideas from one source.
- We invested in strong import and export capabilities, so it’s easy to incorporate Keyword Explorer into your …read more
Source:: Moz Blog