How and Why to Transcribe Text from Video Content
With the proliferation of video content across platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and corporate websites, the demand for transcription services has significantly risen. Transcribing video content involves converting spoken words into written text. This process offers numerous benefits, both from a content consumption perspective and from a broader digital accessibility standpoint. But how do you transcribe video content, and why should you invest the time or resources to do so?
Why Transcribe Video Content?
- Enhanced Accessibility: One of the foremost reasons to transcribe videos is to make content accessible to a broader audience, particularly those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Transcriptions ensure that these audiences can understand and engage with your content without missing out on any information.
- SEO Benefits: Search engines like Google do not “watch” videos, but they can “read” text. By transcribing your videos, you provide search engines with more text-based content to index, improving the SEO of your webpage and driving more organic traffic.
- Improved User Experience: Not everyone prefers to watch videos. Some may be in an environment where they cannot play audio or simply prefer reading. Offering a transcript provides such users with an alternative way to consume your content.
- Content Repurposing: Transcripts can be effortlessly turned into blog posts, ebooks, infographics, or other content forms, allowing creators to maximize their content’s reach without having to generate entirely new material.
- Efficient Search and Reference:Having a written record allows users to quickly search for specific points or references in the video. This is especially useful for lengthy webinars, tutorials, or interviews.
How to Transcribe Video Content?
There are several ways to transcribe video content, ranging from doing it manually to using automated tools and services. Let’s take a brief look at the manual process before diving into three transcription tools and services recommended by professionals.
Three Recommended Transcription Apps/Services:
- Rev: One of the most popular transcription services, Rev offers both automated and professional human-based transcription. The human transcription service boasts 99% accuracy, making it ideal for those who prioritize precision. The platform charges per minute of audio or video, with a quick turnaround time.
- Temi: A product from the makers of Rev, Temi offers automated transcriptions using advanced speech recognition software. While not as accurate as human transcription, Temi is faster and more affordable. It’s best suited for clear audio without too much technical jargon.
- Transcribe: With a user-friendly interface, Transcribe allows users to upload their videos and get an automated transcription. The unique feature of this platform is its integrated editor, enabling users to play back the video and correct any errors in the transcript simultaneously. This combination of automated transcription and manual correction strikes a balance between speed and accuracy.
Making Audio and Video Work Harder for Your Business
In today’s digital age, businesses are increasingly leveraging audio and video content to engage with their target audiences. From podcasts and webinars to promotional videos and tutorials, multimedia is a robust tool that can enhance brand visibility, boost engagement, and drive conversions. However, to fully maximize …read more
Source:: Social Media Explorer